Company history

Hövelmann Logistik was founded in 1945 by Bernhard Hövelmann in Rees in North Rhine Westphalia and has developed into modern transport and logistic company.

Company milestones:

2015

– Introduction of pick-by-voice system in Haldensleben
– Workshop expansion in Haldensleben
– 70 year company anniversary and 25 year anniversary at the Haldensleben site

2014

– Expansion of warehouse in Haldensleben with a UPC shuttle warehouse (capacity: 7 400 pallet spaces)
– Warehouse expansion in Bartensleben
– Signing of two shipping outsourcing agreements according to BGB § 613a

2012

– Implementation of photovoltaic systems at all sites

2011

– Extension of packing system in Rees
– IFS logistics certification
– Acquisition and commissioning of warehouse in Bartensleben (6 900 sqm)

2010

– Extension of warehouse in Gutenborn by further 4 000 sqm

2009

– Extension of workshop in Haldensleben

2008

– Extension of head office in Rees by 6.000 sqm warehousing space including hall scanning and packaging plant
– Building of a new workshop and filling station in Osterweddingen (focus: automotive construction)

2007

– Building of a new 6 500 sqm warehouse in Haldensleben including hall scanning
– Founding of the company Brandlog with five other freight forwarding partners

2006

– Building of a new logistics wareshouse in Gutenborn – Drossdorf
– Entry into the jumbo business
– Bio certification

1995

– Founding of Hövelmann Logistik GmbH & Co. KG
– Expansion of company with the new locations Emmerich and Duisburg

1993

– Founding member of the cargo cooperative CTL (Cargo-Trans-Logistik)

1991

– Acquisition of a workshop and filling station in Haldensleben

1990

– Acquisition of ‘Haldenslebener Verkehrsgesellschaft‘

1980

– Signing of the first shipping outsourcing agreement according to BGB § 613a including the takeover of drivers and vehicles

1972

– Building of a new workshop and filling station in Rees

1969

– First container transport from Emmerich with Germany-wide distribution

1968

– Expansion of business with a Berlin subsidiary

1945

– Founding of company by Bernhard Hövelmann